Description of Technology
eLEAF’s PiMapping® technology generates operational and pixel-accurate time series of multiple data components on water, vegetation and climate relevant for the agricultural value chain as well as for the water management and agricultural insurance sectors. PiMapping® combines satellite data with meteorological and geographical data. The technology is used for field scale assessments up to continental monitoring and forms the basis of applications and services used by a wide range of public and commercial clients.
eLEAF’s mission is to be the global reference for operational and reliable high quality data and solutions on crop growth and water use, to increase food production, support sustainable water management and protect environmental systems worldwide.
Unique Selling Points
- PiMapping® data is quantified
- The data layers describe physical process in a quantified way
- Typical data layers include dry matter biomass production [kg/ha/week] and actual evapotranspiration [mm/week]
- Physical backbone of PiMapping® technology remains valid under changing conditions such as climate change and change of crop management
- PiMapping® data can be directly correlated to actual crop yields
- It is a cost efficient way to monitor large areas at once
- Optical satellite imagery is hindered by clouds
- Persistent cloud cover may lead to lower quality data and services
- Cost-wise unattractive for small areas